This week, one of the scriptures that stuck with me was Romans 12: 5-15AB. I love this scripture because it shows me how to live in Christ. It is simply written, yet to accomplish it is a lifetime journey full of failures and successes; a journey impossible to complete without perseverance, forgiveness, and God’s grace.
- “So we, though many, are one Body in Christ and individually parts of one another.” – We are all together in this. We make the body of Christ. What affects one person affects all of us. Moreover, for better or worse, our actions impact the Church, which is Christ.
- “Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us exercise them.” – We are all unique adopted children of God. We are all blessed with gifts. These were entrusted to us to be used wisely; not for selfish use, but for the benefits of all.
- “Let love be sincere; hate what is evil; hold on to what is good.” – If every action we take starts we love, we can’t go wrong no matter the result.
- “Do not grow slack in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.” – Let’s be passionate in our faith; by doing so, we are passionate about the Lord and thus life.
- “Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer.” – This to me is the definition of Faith.
- “Contribute to the needs of the holy ones, exercise hospitality.” – Holy people live simple lives; their gifts is to serve the Lord about all else. They are rich is love and compassion but poor in worldly possessions. We should contribute to them with prayers, acceptance, and financial support.
- “Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse them.” – This one is a true test of our Christianity; one that most of all will fail more often than not.
- “Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.” – Empathy goes a long way to build each other up.
- “Have the same regard for one another; do not be haughty but associate with the lowly.” – It is the poor, the afflicted, and the needy who God wants us to associate with. They humble and save us.
May God bless you. Happy Saturday!!!
© hectorortiz 2013. All rights reserved.